Saturday, November 12, 2011

Troika of Colour

I had the idea for this shoot for over six months before I was actually able to photograph it!
I was inspired by three different coloured leopard print fedoras that I saw
& purchased from Winners
I then needed to scout out & find three female models!

I initially wanted & had a Blonde, a Ginger & an Ebony haired models,
but it seemed impossible to orchestrate a day that would work for all four of us!

So I ended up having to re-cast 2 of my models,
so I then had a Blonde, and Light Brunette/Ginger & a Dark Brunette haired models

I then journeyed off to Fabric Land with my three hats,
to find & match fabric with each colour tone!
I wrapped these pieces of fabric around the busts of the models
& asked them to do their make-up to match
& to bring matching high heels & underwear to match their particular colour tone!


I wanted these images to have a blown out effect,
so that the only colours present were those that were on the three models!

These photos are emotional, intimate & sexual - in a bond of complementary colours!
Think of Gold, Silver & Bronze
but translated into a high fashion, boudoir &  artistic nature!

I could go on & on & on describing these images
as I have fallen in love with them
& will be framing the first image I displayed in my to be newly refurbished bedroom!
I have always been a sucker for & a HUGE fan of leopard print,
it is one of my guilty pleasures!

So I hope you enjoyed these images of Jenna, Elisse & Ashley intertwined into a Troika of Colour!
_______________________________________________________________

Huge thanks goes out to:
Jenna Boyko, Elisse Valentini & Ashley Tallas
For making the time to help me achieve my artistic vision & for putting up with me for a few hours!
__________________________________

Shoot or be Shot Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment